Frequently Asked Questions
No Load: Voltage in the fencer.
500 OHMS: Voltage on wire under perfect conditions
100 OHMS: Voltage on wire under grass growth condition.
Voltage on fence wire should not drop below 2000 volts for effective livestock control.
1 Output Joule will drive volts along 6 miles / 10 Kms of wire in perfect conditions
- Decide on area and type of land to be fenced
- The type of stock to be controlled
- Choose a fencer larger than required to allow for fence additions
- Erect fence in a cool dry well ventilated shed
- Erect fence out of reach of children or animals
- Connect underground / lead out wire from fence terminal to fence wire
- Connect underground / lead out wire from earth terminal to first earth rod
Choose an earth site that is moist and at least 33ft, (10 meters) away from:
- Any earth stake for another electrical system
- Any telephone earth stake.
- Any water pipes including disused water pipes.
- Any building using structural steel or reinforcing metal in the ground.
N.B. Never choose an earth site near a dairy or milking parlour.